Sunday, June 8, 2008

Just an Introduction

I know that we had to write a short bio for one of our forums on the other website but that didn't really tell very much about myself so I figured the best topic for my first post was some sort of an introduction of myself. I've never written a blog before. When they first became really popular I thought they were dumb so I never created one and so I can say with complete honesty that this is my first blog ever. I don't mind writing one for this class but I never understood people's desire to have one. I love writing and I keep a journal which I write in often but it's all personal stuff. I would never want anyone to read my journal because most of the time it's whatever I'm thinking before I've had time to sort though things and figure out what I should and shouldn't say. I wouldn't even want my husband to read my journal. It's not because I keep secrets from him, he knows everything about me and my life but he might get his feelings hurt. If we have a fight or argument about something, my journal is the place where I go to write everything that I'm feeling and thinking before I've had a chance to calm down. I don't mean half the stuff I write down but it's my way of venting. So...all of that to say that I never really saw the point of keeping an online journal where people could read my most personal thoughts.
I've kinda gotten off the subject so let me get back to myself. I love being a mom. My daughter, Emma is 6 and a half months old and she is the most wonderful baby girl in the whole wide world. Of course every mother thinks that about her child but I don't care. :) I love being married to my husband and learning to be parents has been pretty fun so far. We've definitely had to make some serious adjustments but they're totally worth it.
Before I became a wife and mother I lived in Nicaragua for 9 years with my family. It's where I went to High School and I love Nicaragua as my home. I love living in the states too so I guess I really have two homes. If you ever have the opportunity to visit Nicaragua let me know and I'll fill you in on all the places you need to visit. :)
I'm not quite sure how all this blog stuff works, as I said this is my first one, but I love talking about Nicaragua and pretty much anything so if you have any questions for me bring them on. :)
Peace and love!! (This isn't something I always say it just kinda fits with my mood right now so I decided to throw it in here.)

No comments: